Electrical circuit failure leads to power loss in 14 buildings

BY Nicholas Shigo • February 4, 2016 • 7:46 p.M.

Electrical circuits near the Math Building and Laurel Hall blew out around 4:30 p.m. Thursday, leaving nearby buildings and residence halls without power, said university spokesperson Stephanie Reitz.

A manhole cover outside Laurel was also blown out of its housing. No injuries were reported.

Reitz said Connecticut Commons, MacMahon Residence Hall and the Nathan Hale Inn lost power. Eleven other buildings, including South Parking Garage and the Co-op, were also shut down.