Tea More Cafe to open in 2016

The Tea More Café is set to open in January 2016. The café will be located in the Wilbur Cross Way building, next to National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine. (Jackson Haigis/The Daily Campus)

For students looking for more diverse options in tea, Tea More Café is set to open in January 2016. Tea More Café is located in the Wilbur Cross Way building, next to National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine, also set to open this coming winter.

Their café plans to serve fruit and flower flavored teas as well as meal boxes with spicy noodle soups. Customers will have the option to take-out food or eat in the store.

“UConn is a big school and a big market,” owner Anna Li said. “Like Starbucks, we want people to come here after school.”

Li said she plans on a relaxed décor to make students feel comfortable and calm.

She also said that Chinese students at UConn had expressed a lot of interest in the prospects of a teashop on campus.  

“What we are doing is different from the other restaurants,” Li said. “So I think students like fresh things.”

Li said the café plans to host events, such as a New Years party, in the future.

“We will do our best to make it great!” Li said.

Students have also expressed interest in the variation of business on campus.

“This is fantastic,”Hope Whitelock, a 3rd-semester Physics major, said. “It’ll be great to have a break from the crappy commercialized Starbucks tea which currently the only thing in Storrs center.”

Elizabeth Charash is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at elizabeth.charash@uconn.edu.