Quick Hits: Walker shines for Charlotte, Stewart reaches 2,000 points

UConn forward Breanna Stewart looks toward the basket during the Huskies' game against Nebraska at XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut on Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015. Stewart finished with 25 points, going 10-for-11 from the field. (Jackson Haigis/The Daily Campus)

Here are the biggest UConn related stories from Thanksgiving week.

Kemba Walker drops 39 in overtime win

Former Husky Kemba Walker scored 39 points in a 127-122 win over the Sacramento Kings on Nov. 23 in Charlotte. Walker went 16-23 from the field and 4-6 from three-point range in 47 minutes. He also contributed six rebounds, five assists, three blocks, and two steals in the win. Walker’s former teammate Jeremy Lamb added 11 points and five rebounds of his own.

Breanna Stewart joins 2,000-point club

Breanna Stewart became the ninth player in UConn women’s basketball history to reach 2,000 career points on Nov. 23 at the XL Center, scoring 25 points in the 97-57 blowout win over Kansas State.

She reached the milestone with a three-pointer from the corner in the first quarter of the game in front of more than 8,000 fans. Stewart reached 2,000 points in fewer games than all but two former Huskies, Maya Moore and Kerry Bascom.

UConn field hockey loses in national semifinals

The UConn field hockey team lost to rival Syracuse in the national semifinal by a score of 3-1 on Nov. 20. The undefeated Huskies were looking to win a third consecutive national title, but fell just short. Syracuse defeated North Carolina two days later to capture their first national title as a program.

UConn women’s soccer falls to Rutgers in Sweet 16

The UConn women’s soccer team suffered a 4-0 loss to Rutgers in the Sweet 16. The Huskies finished the season with a 19-4 record and a regular season conference title.

UConn will have many of their standout players back next season. Junior forward Rachel Hill tied her career-high with 16 goals on the season to lead the team in scoring. The Huskies will also return goalkeeper Emily Armstrong, who made the All Conference First Team in The American and was named Goalkeeper of the Year. Junior Midfielder of the Year Stephanie Ribeiro will also return next season.

Aaron Esposito is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at aaron.esposito@uconn.edu.