Roundtable: The 'Star Wars' games that lit the gamer flame

I really like the sequel to “Episode I Racer,” titled “Racer Revenge.” It was only released for the Playstation 2, and recently got a digital re-release for the Playstation 4; they even improved the framerate on that version. Anyway, my favorite part of “Racer Revenge” was how you could knock out other racers for the rest of the race, unlike “Episode I Racer.” So if you wanted to, you could win a race simply by being the last one standing. Granted, there were fewer tracks and fewer characters, but I still found it fun.

-Max Engel, campus correspondent

“Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic” was the second game I ever played, and if it weren’t for the immense quality of that game, I might not be the avid gamer I am today. This game introduced me to a rich world with great writing, combat and awesome force powers.

“KOTOR,” as the game has come to be called, still has one of the best plot twists of all time in any medium of entertainment. “KOTOR” has won the 2004 Game of the Year Award, and rightfully so, because it’s still the best “Star Wars” game of all time.

-Edward Pankowski, life editor

Out of all the “Star Wars” games I’ve played, “Star Wars: Battlefront II” was probably my favorite. A fairly interactive and underrated single-player mode combined with a revolutionary multiplayer mode that featured incredible map design and player types made “Battlefront II” one of the best games released in the early ‘00s. It differed from its predecessors because of its additional “Hero Assault” mode where players could face off against other teams as famous “Star Wars” characters, like Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Yoda, Mace Windu, etc. This was, of course before, the “Battlefront” redux came out.

-Anokh Palakurthi, associate life editor