Freshman Napheesa Collier has made an impact from the start this season for the UConn women’s basketball team, averaging 6.6 points and 6.2 rebounds per game to help the Huskies to a 17-0 record so far this season. Associate Sports Editor Dan Madigan had a chance to talk to the O’Fallon, Missouri native and ask her some questions about her life outside of basketball.
1. What is your favorite pre-game meal?
We have the same one every time. We get like chicken, pasta and some type of sauce, and then like a soup.
2. If you could play another sport, what would you play? Why?
Volleyball. I really liked it. I played in high school for a couple of years.
3. Who is your favorite artist?
It’s kind of hard, I don’t know. I’ll just say Beyonce.
4. What’s your favorite Beyonce song?
Drunk in Love
5. Favorite movie of all-time?
Probably Unbroken. Actually, 12 Years a Slave.
6. Who is your favorite athlete?
7. Do you try and model your game after his at all?
I mean, I don’t go to practice saying I want to be like him but I like how he plays.
8. Your favorite class you’ve taken at UConn? Why?
Psychology was interesting. I’m taking another psychology class this semester.
9. Any pregame rituals?
I have to put one sock on my left foot and then my right foot, and then my right shoe and my left shoe.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
We went to Spain this summer and I thought it was really pretty so I would want to go back there
11. Twitter or Instagram?
12. Who is your team’s biggest rival? Why?
Going forward, South Carolina. But we’ve always had a rivalry with Notre Dame.
13. Favorite thing to do on campus besides your sport? Why?
I read a lot. I actually just finished a couple but I read Unbroken, it was really good. I want to get the Girl on the Train.
14. Favorite TV show?
Outlander. It’s like a Starz original show, it’s really good.
Dan Madigan is the associate sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.