Know Your Foe: A look ahead at Saturday's game against the USF Bulls

South Florida running back D'Ernest Johnson (2) celebrates with Rodney Adams (87) after Johnson's touchdown run against Florida State during the fourth quarter of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016, in Tampa, Fla. Johnson ran for three scores in South Florida's 55-35 loss to Florida State. (Chris O'Meara/AP)

The UConn football team (3-3, 1-2) will look for their second consecutive American Conference win when they travel to Florida to take on USF on Saturday.

USF (5-1, 2-0 the American) is coming off 38-22 drubbing of East Carolina last Saturday at Raymond James Stadium in Florida. In the victory, the Bulls extended three different nation-leading offensive streaks. USF scored 35 points or more for the 10th straight time after putting up 38 on ECU. With 556 total yards, the Bulls passed the 440-yard mark for the 10th consecutive game as well. USF also passed the 200-yard rushing mark for the 11th straight time with 306 rushing yards on Saturday, a season high for the Bulls.

If you couldn’t tell from those streaks, this USF offense is dangerous. The Bulls average 261 yards on the ground per game to go along with their 242 yards through on average through the air, for an average of 503 yards per game. They average 45 points per game. USF has a third-down conversion rate of 45 percent, and they’re 7-7 on fourth-down conversions this season.

The leader for this offense is junior quarterback Quinton Flowers. The Miami native has thrown for 1,322 yards in six games, good for an average of 220 yards to go along with his 11 touchdowns passes. Flowers averages 83 yards on the ground as well with four rushing touchdowns on the season.

Junior Marlon Mack starts at running back for the Bulls. Mack rushes for an average of 97 yards per game and has eight rushing touchdowns, both team-highs.

Rodney Adams leads the receiving corps for the Bulls, averaging 69 receiving yards per game and is tied for the team-high in receiving touchdowns with four.

Junior D’Ernest Johnson averages just 27 receiving yards a game, but the running back also has four receiving touchdowns to complement his four rushing touchdowns. He runs for 46 yards a game on average.

On defense, junior linebacker Auggie Sanchez leads the team in both total tackles (54) and sacks (three). Senior linebacker Nigel Harris is second on the team in total tackles at 38, but leads the team with two interceptions.

USF’s opponents this season are scoring an average of 26 points per game and averaging 446 total yards.

Connor Donahue is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at He tweets @conn_donahue.