To switch things up, I decided to make a fruity martini this week. At this point in the month, you may need a break from fall-themed recipes and everything pumpkin. The pink grapefruit martini takes about five minutes to make, and this recipe makes one glass.
- Three-and-a-half ounces of fresh pink grapefruit juice
- One-half ounce of fresh lemon juice
- One-half ounce triple sec
- Two ounces of vodka
- Grapefruit wedges for garnishing
- One tablespoon of crushed ice
Use a cocktail shaker to mix the grapefruit juice, triple sec, lemon juice, vodka and one tablespoon of crushed ice. Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a slice of grapefruit. For our underage readers, the only alternative is additional fresh pink grapefruit juice, which is sure to be equally refreshing.
Megan Krementowski is associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.