Tech company offers $10,000 scholarship for essays on collaboration

Course Hero is offering a $10,000 scholarship prize for essays on collaboration in education. (Jason Jiang/The Daily Campus)

An education technology company is offering a $10,000 scholarship prize for essays on collaboration in education.

“Complete understanding does not exist in a silo. Students as well as educators have meaningful knowledge to contribute, and collaborative learning and studying are essential to achieve mastery of a subject. Course Hero’s platform enables students and educators to collaborate by sharing each other’s materials in order to master subjects using different perspectives,” Andrew Grauer, CEO of Course Hero, said in a recent press release.

Course Hero is a venture-backed, crowd-sourced online platform that specializes in educational tools.

Students over the age of 16 who are attending, or plan to attend, an accredited university are eligible. Essays are due Nov. 18.

“This collaborative approach helps students study more deeply and efficiently. Today’s workplace is no different,” Grauer said. “We need to be able to work collaboratively to solve problems quickly, inclusively and efficiently. The Academic Scholarship is a reflection of that philosophy.”

Chris McDermott is the news editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at christopher.mcdermott@uconn.edu.