Everything you need to know if you forgot about Halloween

If you’re like me, Halloween snuck up on you this season. I still can’t believe Halloweekend is coming up in a few days! Since everything in college is last minute, it’s time to break out the simple, cute and most importantly, easy Halloween costumes that are hiding right in your closet without even knowing it! Here are a couple homemade costume ideas for your Halloween weekend if you don’t have time to run to the store and spend a ridiculous amount on an overpriced costume.

Rosie the Riveter: If you have red lipstick and jeans this one is for you! Since this election is coming up and Hillary is in the front running, represent your feminist side and dress up as Rosie, the poster woman for American women working in a man's world! This costume is crazy simple and comes with a built-in Instagram pose! What’s better than that?

Scarecrow: This one is for all the flannel-wearing ladies out there. Now that it’s fall, we all have to have one cozy flannel hiding in our closets, pair this with some denim overalls if you have them or even a pair of light jeans and you’re set. What really makes this costume is the makeup, lookup a quick tutorial and all you’ll need is an eyeliner pencil and some red eyeshadow and you’re good to go!

Damien from “Mean Girls:” This one is a classic and by far the easiest possible costume that everyone has in their closets. All you need is a light blue hoodie, preferably baggy, and black sweats. For the finishing touch, add a pair of big black sunglasses and make a sign that says “she doesn’t even go here!” Wearing sweats to a party? Yup. You’re welcome.

Wednesday Addams from “The Addams Family:” If black is your favorite color and Halloween doesn’t make you want to smile ALL the time, this one is for you. Have a white button down and black pants? Or a black dress? Perfect. That’s all you really need to wear for this costume, and for the finishing touches, part your hair down the middle and braid each side. Add some white powder or light foundation if you have it and last but not least, black lipstick. Don’t forget to keep a straight face all night!

Mouse/Bunny etc: And last but certainly not least, if you really can’t think of absolutely anything else, take a hint from “Mean Girls” and throw a pair of bunny or mouse ears on your head. It may not win you any prizes for originality but at least you won’t be that person that showed up to the party as “themselves” on Halloween.

And that's a wrap for Halloween. I guess I could have written a column about going all out and gotten you all prepared, but let’s be honest - most of us are always thinking about “last minute costumes anyway.” Be safe and stay ~spooky~.

Michelle Marquez is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at michelle.marquez@uconn.edu.