The spooky playlist you need on tap this Halloween season

Planning on checking out Depot Campus to get in the Halloween spirit? Maybe avoid arrest and listen to this playlist instead. (Jackson Haigis/The Daily Campus)

It’s that time of year. Pumpkins are showing up on doorsteps, kids are buying really cool costumes, students are stressing out over exams and there are creepy clowns running around campus. Halloween is in the air. To prepare for all the Halloween parties you are undoubtedly planning here is the best playlist to make your party extra spooky.

“Intro” - Korn

While not necessarily a Halloween song, the song provides some creepy intro music to get things going. This song fits in especially well with all of the clowns running around campus.

“Thriller” - Michael Jackson

Show off your horrible dance moves with this Halloween classic. Don’t worry, nobody is judging your dancing because they can’t really do the dance either.

“Monster Mash” - Bobby “Boris” Pickett

It’s not a Halloween party without the “Monster Mash” playing at least once. If you don’t think once is enough, give it the “Closer” treatment and play it every single second.

“Sympathy for the Devil” - The Rolling Stones

While definitely not a Halloween song it does have the hell’s mascot in it so it’s fine by me.

“Time Warp” - Patricia Quinn

“The Rocky Horror Picture Show” is a classic Halloween movie and this recognizable song will be great for everyone from drunk frat boy to impressionable, lost freshman.

“The Monster” - Eminem, Rihanna

It always helps to infuse some more modern music into these playlists. This song will help pump of the crowd and keep the party going hard.

“Pet Sematary” - Ramones

This song sounds creepy and yet has that classic 80s upbeat riff to it. It was originally written for the “Pet Sematary” movie adapted from the novel of the same name by Stephen King. King is the master of horror so he had to make some kind of appearance in this playlist

“This Is Halloween” - The Citizens of Halloween

“The Nightmare Before Christmas” is one of those weird movies that’s watched during both Christmas and Halloween. Seeing as it’s October, the time has come to start blasting till December.

“Animals” - Maroon 5

Maroon 5 isn’t your classic Halloween band but “Animals” is downright spoopy. The song is literally about a stalker/potential cannibal tracking his next victim yet you couldn’t tell that without really paying attention.

“Scooby Doo”

The classic song for when you find any ghosts at your party. If they are friendly invite them to join your party. If they aren’t, I recommend evacuating the party and probably call 911 or an exorcist.

“Ghostbusters” - Ray Parker, Jr.

It’s not a Halloween party unless you’re searching for ghosts. And in the chance that you actually manage to find some ghosts, who you gonna call?

“Howlin’ For You” - The Black Keys

This song will liven up any party with its driving drum beat. It’ll also help you get ready for the next song.

“Highway to Hell” - AC/DC

It’s on here for two reasons. One, just like “Sympathy for the Devil” it has to do with hell so it’s Halloween-y. Two, I just really like AC/DC. Don’t like it? Write your playlist.

“The Boogie Monster” - Gnarls Barkley

Do I really need to explain why it’s in this playlist? Look at the title again. Make sense? Good.

“Closer” - The Chainsmokers

It’s not a party unless you blast “Closer” at least once, right? Also it’s incredibly scary how the song is so popular even though it isn’t that good.

“Dracula’s Lament” - Jason Segel

You may recognize this song from the weird movie that was “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” This is the perfect song for people to get the hint that the party is ending. Hopefully they leave. If not then just blast “Closer” until they do.

Amar Batra is a senior staff photographer and opinion’s staff columnist for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email