The MLB offseason has arrived: What now?

In this Sept. 30, 2016, file photo, Boston Red Sox's David Ortiz waves to fans as he is honored before the Red Sox's baseball game against the Toronto Blue Jays at Fenway Park in Boston. Boston said it wouldn't make any deals in the offseason despite Ortiz's exit this season.(Elise Amendola/AP)

If you're reading this: congratulations, you have made it a full week without baseball. Chicago fans, you're probably almost fully recovered from your multiple day hangover. Cleveland fans, you're likely still miserable. Join the club.

As baseball fans, we were lucky enough to witness one of the greatest moments in sports last Wednesday. And then Thursday came and the reality started to set in that championships don't go past seven games, and there will be no baseball until March.

If you're feeling lost without a selection of games to flip through, I'm here to help. I'll admit now that nothing can fully fill the void of baseball's absence, but let's talk about what you can do to keep yourself busy until pitchers and catchers rolls around.

Some people think baseball comes to a halt in the off-season. Sure there are no games, but any given day of the off-season there is guaranteed to be a rumor, a trade, an offer or something to keep you going. General manager meetings are officially underway, and we're starting to hear what free agents are asking, what teams are looking for and what they're pursuing.

Davey Dombrowski has basically said Boston won't be making any crazy deals during this off-season, especially compared to last winter. We'll possibly pick up a "replacement" for Ortiz, but picking a DH from within seems more likely.

With quite a winter on our horizon, Sox fans must look for other distractions. That's where Winter Weekend comes into play. Three days at Foxwoods alone could provide a fairly decent distraction. Add in a flood of Red Sox Nation, players walking around, baseball panels and more. If you're under the age of 12, throw in a breakfast with Red Sox mascot, Wally, and a kid's baseball clinic. For everyone else, this is a good opportunity to surround yourself with other Sox fans, meet some players and make the winter a little less terrible.

Winter Weekend takes place January 20-22, marking roughly one month until pitchers and catchers report. If you've made it this far, keep going– you're in the home stretch.

Once pitchers and catchers get rolling and we start to get glimpses of the preseason, time starts moving a little faster. March comes around and spring training begins. We get to see how wisely (or not) players used their off-season, and whether or not players slimmed down as much as their Instagram posts would suggest. Preseason games start up and baseball has almost fully returned. One month of exhibition games seems like a gold mine after months of resorting to re-watching past playoff games and games of years past on YouTube.

And if all else fails, you can always count on Hanley's Instagram for a good pick me up. You might get Hanley singing Justin Bieber, playing shirtless ping pong in the DR, or riding a donkey. But be careful not to drift into Yoan Moncada's story. The repetitive selfies taken back to back at slightly different angles with varying filters is almost as frustrating as his strikeout tour in Boston.

One week down, just a few more months to go.

Molly Burkhardt is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at mary.burkhardt@uconn.edu.