Women's Basketball: UConn lands the nation's No. 1 recruit. Again.

Gabby Williams (#15) takes a shot during UConn's game against Pace on Sunday Nov. 6 at Gampel Pavillion. (Zhelun Lang/The Daily Campus)

Geno Auriemma has done it again.

For the fourth time since 2011, the nation’s No. 1 recruit, Class of 2017 top prospect Megan Walker, is heading to Storrs, after announcing her commitment to the Huskies Thursday night.

Walker, a 6-foot-1-inch forward from Chesterfield, Virginia, chose the Huskies over Notre Dame and Texas, popping green and orange balloons while leaving the blue and white ones intact. Former No. 1 prospects that have come to UConn include Maya Moore, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Breanna Stewart and Katie Lou Samuelson.

As she heads into her final season at Monacan High School, Walker has already scored over 1,000 points and was the Gatorade State Player of the Year for Virginia last season.

Walker rounds out another loaded recruiting class for the Huskies, joining Mikayla Coombs, Lexi Gordon and Andra Espinoza-Hunter, the 14th, 29th and 37th ranked recruits respectively. Coombs, Gordon and Espinoza-Hunter all signed National Letters of Intent on Wednesday to confirm their commitment to the Huskies.

The 2017 class will join transfer Azura Stevens and Batouly Camara to form yet another young and talented core for UConn. With Stevens, an All-American at Duke and Camara, the Huskies will add another influx of talent to a team that will already have Kia Nurse, Katie Lou Samuelson, Gabby Williams and Crystal Dangerfield amongst others.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering football and women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.