Know Your Foe: Boston College Eagles

Boston College's Patrick Towles look to pass against the Florida State defense in the fourth quarter of an NCAA college football game, Friday, Nov. 11, 2016, in Tallahassee, Fla. Florida State won the game 45-7. (Steve Cannon/AP Photo)

The UConn football team will hit the road for the final time this season as they take on regional foe Boston College in Chestnut Hill.

It was argued earlier this season whether the Huskies would have more wins in the American Athletic Conference than the Eagles. The Eagles finally won their first ACC game in two seasons earlier this year by beating NC State 21-14. The Huskies beat the Virginia Cavaliers 13-10.  With both teams having one win in The American under their belts, this game could very well decide that argument

The Eagles are 4-6 this season but just 1-6 in The American. Boston College is coming off two straight blowout losses.

The first came at the hands of Heisman-hopeful Lamar Jackson and the No. 3 Louisville Cardinals by a score of 52-7. Jackson threw four touchdowns and 231 yards to go along with 185 rushing yards and three more touchdowns.

Last week the Eagles lost 45-7 to No. 17 Florida State. It was an all out aerial assault for the Seminoles as two different FSU quarterbacks combined for five passing touchdowns.

Redshirt sophomore Jon Hillman leads the Boston College rushing attack. The New Jersey native has run for 500 yards through nine games, good for an average of about 49 yards per game to go along with five touchdowns on the season.

Patrick Towles is the quarterback of this Eagles’ offense. The grad student and member of the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm watch list has thrown for 1,322 yards and eight touchdowns this season. He’s also second on the team in rushing touchdowns with four, and third in rushing yards with 242.

Sophomore receivers Jeff Smith and Michael Walker are two of the most dangerous targets for the Eagles. Walker has 302 receiving yards and two touchdowns; Smith has 284 receiving yards and three touchdowns.

Junior defensive-end Harold Walker could give the Huskies problems. He leads the BC defense with 11 sacks; the next closest Eagle has just four sacks.

Connor Donahue is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at connor.f.donahue@uconn.edu. He tweets @conn_donahue.