Letter to the Editor: Nursing 1100 toiletry drive

To the Editor-in-Chief,

We would love to have your help getting the word out to UConn students about the Nursing 1100 Toiletry Drive!

‘Tis the season to donate! Did you know that many individuals do not have the basic necessities to sustain everyday living that we all too often take for granted? With the holiday season approaching many of us are excitedly preparing our wish-lists. While you may not see basic necessities such as toothpaste, toothbrushes and tissues on your list, many less fortunate individuals would be grateful to receive these items as gifts this year.

In an effort to make the season jolly and bright for those that are less fortunate, the NURS1100 class has decided to host a donation drive to collect hygiene products! Possible donations include hotel-size toiletries, travel-size toothpaste, tissues, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes, chapstick, deodorant and quart-size ziplock bags.

Eager to help out? While you are home for Thanksgiving Break take a minute to search through your closets and ask around for any excess toiletries. From now until December 2nd drop off your donations in collection boxes at the following locations: Widmer Wing Lobby and Homer B. Babbidge Library. Thank you in advance for your generosity and have a wonderful holiday season!

Signed by Christina O’Connor, Erika Murphy, Arianna D’Agosto, Ellen Quintana, Nick Sturgis, Jessica Staffieri, Samantha Hunter

Contact: christina.oconnor@uconn.edu