Man arrested for on-campus sexual assault

One of two security camera pictures sent out by the UConn Police Department during their search for Manzolillo. (UConn Police)

University of Connecticut Police arrested a man accused of aggressively grabbing a woman’s buttocks outside the university’s bakery and then running from the scene on Thursday afternoon.

Samuel Manzolillo, 21, was charged with second-degree breach of peace and fourth-degree sexual assault. He’s being held on a $10,000 bond.

The assault occurred at the university’s Commissary Warehouse at approximately 1:55 p.m. The incident was caught on camera, and an alert with two pictures of the assailant was issued to the student body via email at 3:28 p.m.

According to a press release, police then received information that the man in the photo was Manzolillo. He was arrested at his apartment, where police found clothes matching those in the photos.

At 5:11 p.m., UCPD sent another email to the student body announcing an arrest had been made.

“Thanks to the quick response of the UConn community, the offender in today’s harassment/assault incident has been arrested,” read the 5:11 message. “The crime alert for this incident is no longer in effect.”

Manzolillo will appear in Rockville Superior Court on Nov. 4.

Chris McDermott is the news editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at christopher.mcdermott@uconn.edu.