UConn In The NBA: Jeremy Lamb provides a spark, while Kemba Walker displays his starpower

"Charlotte Hornets guard Kemba Walker, left, drives against Dallas Mavericks guard Jonathan Gibson during the second half of an NBA basketball game in Charlotte, N.C., Thursday, Dec. 1, 2016. Charlotte won 97-87." (Nell Redmond/AP Exchange)

Despite the fact that Lamb has not seen more than 23 minutes in a game this week, he was able to provide the Charlotte Hornets with a unique scoring option.

On Monday Nov. 28, Lamb shot 7-11 from the field, including two three-pointers, and a total of 21 points against the Memphis Grizzlies. What made this performance special was his ability to score that amount of points in only 23 minutes. Lamb was also able to snag nine rebounds in the 104-85 win.

Walker has been having a phenomenal season so far and this week has not been different. The Hornets star is averaging 23.8 points per game, which is higher than his career average of 17.7, and 5.1 assists per game.

Walker has also proven that he is clutch time and time again, and that also continued this week. Against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday Dec. 3, Walker was able to drive to the lane and make a difficult layup to put the Hornets up by three points with time dwindling in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately for Walker and the Hornets, the Timberwolves were able to tie it up and win the game in overtime by a score of 125-120.  The Hornets went 2-2 this week.

Rudy Gay has continued to be a bright spot for the Sacramento Kings in yet another disappointing season. Gay was able to do a little bit of everything Sunday Nov. 27th against the Brooklyn Nets. The forward led the team with eight assists, grabbed eight rebounds and dropped 22 points, while shooting .533 percent from the field.

Andre Drummond’s week got off to a slow start after he was ejected from the game for elbowing Hornets Center Roy Hibbert. Drummond only managed to play 13 minutes and scored a paltry three points, but his team did win the game.

Drummond was able to get back on track the following night against the Boston Celtics in a crucial showdown against Al Horford. Drummond scored 20 points and recorded 17 rebounds, leading his team to a 121-114 victory. The Pistons finished the week by winning three out of their four games.

The star of the 2014 National Championship for the Huskies, Shabazz Napier, has struggled to find a role in the NBA. The point guard has not seen meaningful minutes and has only played for seven in three games this week, while scoring zero points.

Michael Logan is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at michael.logan@uconn.edu.