Vehicle collides with UConn bus by Price Chopper

A vehicle collided with a UConn Transportation yellow line bus driven by a University of Connecticut student at the intersection of Storrs Road and South Eagleville at approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 8. (File Photo/The Daily Campus)

Another vehicle collided with a UConn Transportation yellow line bus driven by a University of Connecticut student at the intersection of Storrs Road and South Eagleville at approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 8.

The bus turned left off South Eagleville Road onto Storrs Road and was struck in the side by a car coming down South Eagleville, away from campus.

The car took a right out of the Price Chopper parking lot and sped up to make a light before it turned red when it struck the bus.

Tolland State Police responded to the scene.

There was significant damage to the bus and moderate damage to the front of the car.

“The front doors (of the bus) were hanging open and the glass was clearly shattered,” Emily Roller, a seventh-semester consumer behavior major who witnessed the aftermath of the crash, said.

The glass door of the bus was shattered and the stairs were damaged heavily.

“It must have been with a good amount of force in order to damage the car the way it did and to crunch up the bus's metal stairs,” Roller said.

Neither the drivers nor any of the passengers on the bus suffered any injuries.

The driver of the bus was issued a ticket.

Anna Aldrich is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu.