Women's Lacrosse: Getting to know Grace Nolan

Sophomore attacker Grace Nolan (10) runs out to the field during a game last season. Nolan has scored three goals this season. (File Photo)

Grace Nolan is a sophomore attacker on the undefeated UConn women’s lacrosse team. She is second only to Katherine Finkelston on the team in goals and points. Matt Fontaine had a chance to sit down with the Marcellus, New York native and talk about her life on and off the field.

Matt Fontaine: What’s your favorite moment in your sports career?

Grace Nolan: I would say the comeback win against Florida last season. They were the eighth best team in the country at the time. We were down by seven at halftime and we ended up scoring ten goals in the second half to win by one.

Fontaine: What is your favorite pre-game meal?

Nolan: Depends on the time of day. Chicken and rice if it’s a late afternoon game. Oatmeal if it’s an early afternoon game.

Fontaine: Any pregame rituals?

Nolan: I’m not superstitious, so I don’t have any rituals, but I always get a good luck call or text from my dad before every game. I also like to listen to some music to pump myself up.

Fontaine: What is on your pre-game playlist?

Nolan: I listen to a litany of different music. Mostly James Bay, Ed Sheeran and some old school Usher.

Fontaine: Who is your team’s biggest rival?

Nolan: We have two, Georgetown because we have such a long and famed history with them. The other being Florida.  

Fontaine: What is your major?

Nolan: Communications.

Fontaine: Your favorite class you’ve taken at UConn?

Nolan:Mass Communications.

Fontaine: Dream job?

Nolan: I would like to work from home and be a stay at home mom.

Fontaine: If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?

Nolan: Greece or northern Europe. They look like beautiful places.

Fontaine: Twitter or Instagram?

Nolan: Instagram

Fontaine: Favorite thing to do while you aren’t playing your sport?

Nolan: Photography. I took a class in photography in high school and I enjoy taking pictures.  

Matt Fontaine is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus, covering lacrosse. He can be reached via email at matthew.fontaine@uconn.edu.