Column: LeBron, the queen of drama

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James (23) talks with official Tony Brothers (25) during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Miami Heat, Saturday, March 19, 2016, in Miami. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

The Cleveland Cavaliers are the most disorganized franchise the NBA has seen in recent years, from the front office, to the coaches, all the way down to the players. The Cavaliers (50-20) currently have the best record in the Eastern Conference, but you would never know it based on their off court shenanigans.

The most recent off court incident involves the team’s four-time league MVP, LeBron James. It was reported earlier this week that James unfollowed the Cavaliers on Instagram and Twitter. This incident is only one of many social media stunts James has pulled since returning to Cleveland. When asked about why he unfollowed his own team, James simply replied, “next question”, thus igniting the situation.

ESPN’s Dave McMenamin quoted James saying the following about the situation Tuesday:

"I have," James said when asked about whether he has consciously shifted his disposition. "A little bit sooner than normal, but you know I understand that [the postseason is] right around the corner and I want to start mentally preparing myself for the distance. So mentally I'm just being a little more sharper minded as of late, just gearing toward it. Understanding that it's right around the corner and it's going to be very, very challenging."

Basically James is saying that he unfollowed the team in order to prepare for the playoffs. The ironic part however is that James just joined Snapchat after this whole debacle. So his excuse for unfollowing the Cavaliers was due to prepping for a yearly postseason social media hiatus makes no sense. If that was the case, why did he join Snapchat all of a sudden? Check out his latest tweet:

“Think I just may join the Snap this week. Another way for my fans to ride with me throughout my journey.”

The Cavaliers are a championship caliber team on the court, but they are far from it off the court. Cleveland’s general manager, David Griffin, fired former head coach David Blatt in order to improve team chemistry. The only problem is the team chemistry has suffered even more.

James has struggled to bond with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. He continues to be passive aggressive off the court. He sends cryptic tweets on a regular basis. It is no secret that James is not happy. He is a great leader, one of the best we have ever seen, but the “King” is a drama queen off the court. The Cavaliers locker-room reminds me of middle school basketball team. It is full of cliques and passive aggressive comments. The most recent comment being James’ response to a question about the opportunity to play with Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, and Dwyane Wade.

“I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together," James told The Bleacher Report's Howard Beck.

This passive aggressive nature of this comment is off the charts. It is a blatant shot at his teammates. How are Irving and Love supposed to react to this? There is only one way: negatively.

The Cavaliers need to shape up on the court before they are ready to win an NBA title. Publicity cannot be an excuse. Plenty of other teams are in the spotlight. Team chemistry goes beyond pick and rolls. It starts in the locker-room, and it should start with LeBron.