- 1/4 of an onion
- Two garlic cloves
- Two lbs of ground beef (lean)
- Two tbsp of cumin
- One tbsp of chili powder
- Two tbsp of paprika
- One tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of molasses
- 3/4 bottle of habanero barbeque sauce
- One can (15 oz) of kidney beans
- One can (15 oz) of pinto beans
- One can (15 oz) of tomato sauce
- One can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes (preferably diced tomatoes with chilies)
Start by cutting up the onion and the garlic into small pieces. Cook them in a pan with olive oil until they become transparent. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook thoroughly over medium. In the pan or slow-cooker you are going to use, pour in the tomatoes, sauce, beans and barbeque sauce. Blend everything together, then add the meat, onions and garlic, after draining them.
Start simmering over low heat, and then add the molasses. Leave it covered cooking over low heat (or following your slow-cooker instructions) for about an hour.
Serve hot with some cheddar cheese, with chips or as a soup!
Margaux Ancel is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.