Multiple assailant sexual assault reported in dorm on campus

A Crime Alert email sent out to the student body warned of a sexual assault, with up to three assailants, reported to a Residential Life staff member. (File Photo/Daily Campus)

Students at the University of Connecticut received an email regarding a sexual assault that occurred this past weekend on Tuesday afternoon. 

On Sunday a student had notified Residential Life staff that she had been sexually assaulted that Saturday, according to the email.

The victim was, “in the room of a person known to her,” the email read.

The sexual assault was committed by as many as three people, according to the email.

Information about services and support for sexual assault victims was detailed in a previous message in a recent Daily Digest, UConn Spokeswoman Stephanie Reitz said.

“Resources and support are available both on and off-campus to anyone in our community impacted by sexual violence,” according to the message. “UConn’s Title IX website has detailed information regarding urgent and medical care, how UConn offices can help, confidential off-campus advocacy, and help for employees. In addition, each regional campus also has specific resources in place.”

Annabelle Orlando is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at annabelle.orlando@uconn.edu. She tweets @AnnabelleOrland