Local artist releases mixtape

Dalton "Ross" Zbierski, right, and Jacqueline Devine pose at Final Pour prior to their performance. Zbierski recently released a rap mixtape. (Anokh Palakurthi/The Daily Campus)

Eighth-semester journalism student and local hip hop artist Dalton “Ross” Zbierski held a party for the release of his mixtape “Nobody Here” at Final Pour Wednesday night.

Along with Ross was supporting act, singer-songwriter and sixth-semester political science and journalism major Jacqueline Devine. Devine is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus.

Ross, who digitally released his album today, has performed before with Three 6 Mafia.

When asked about how it felt to see people he recognized from class come out to his party, Ross said he was primarily focused on putting on a memorable performance.

“I just hope they like the music,” Ross said. “There's a great environment here tonight and I’m glad people were eager to support us. Can't ask for more than that the growth continues.”

Eighth-semester journalism major Leslie Lambert said she was excited to see her friend Devine perform. It was also Lambert’s first time going to Final Pour.

“Honestly, it's cool that people from UConn are performing,” Lambert said. “Seeing people you know really gives you incentive to support your community.” 

Anokh Palakurthi is associate life editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at anokh.palakurthi@uconn.edu. He tweets @DC_Anokh.