Campus Happenings: Flower sale, sunset yoga highlight weekend schedule

The UConn seal on Fairfield Way between the Homer Babbidge Library and the Rowe Center for Undergraduate Education in Storrs, Connecticut. (Jackson Mitchell/The Daily Campus)

It might be the last weekend before finals, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t take a study break. Enjoy the spring weather and check out these events this weekend before the semester ends.

Horticulture Club Plant Sale

Friday, April 29:, 12-5 p.m., Fairfield Way

Stop by the Great Seal to buy a spring annual, perennial, tree sapling, vegetable or herbal plant! Checks, cash and credit/debit cards are accepted. All proceeds go the the UConn Horticulture Club.

Save the Frogs

5 p.m., BPB 131

Watch a David Attenborough documentary about frogs and join a discussion on environmentalism and conservation. Hundreds of frog and amphibian species are endangered and you can help make a difference. Held by the UConn Biology Department.

Senior Send-Off Party

5-7p.m., Alumni Building

Seniors, go out with a bang at the annual Senior Send off! Get a free-tshirt and partake in free food trucks, games and giveaways at your last UConn party. Student ID required for entry. T-Shirt supply limited.

Salon at the Benton: Guerrilla Girls

5-7 p.m., Benton Museum

Join the Guerilla Girls for a panel discussion on art, feminism and politics. Panelists include art blogger Sharon Butler and UConn communications professor Mary Banas. Wine reception starts at 5p.m., panel begins at 5:30p.m. Seating is limited. The event is free and donations are welcome.

Sunset Yoga on Horsebarn Hill

6:30 p.m., Horsebarn Hill

De-stress before finals with a relaxing stretch session and violin accompaniment at Horsebarn Hill. Bring a mat or towel; shuttles will begin leaving from the Co-Op at 5:30. All are welcome.

Dodging Diabetes: 5v5 Dodgeball Tournament

Saturday, April 30, 12:30-3 p.m., Hawley Armory

Join the brothers of Delta Epsilon Psi for a fundraiser dodgeball tournament and help fight diabetes! Registration is closed, though individual players may register as a free agent. Stop and watch the fun. All proceeds go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Pre-Vet Dog Wash Fundraiser

12-4p.m., Kellogg Dairy Center

Have a dog that needs a wash or nail trim? Want to see some cute puppies? Stop by the Kellogg Dairy Center for the Pre-Vet club’s spring dog wash. Small dogs $10, medium dogs $14 and large dogs $18, nail trims are $5. While your dog is being washed, there will be fun family games to play. All proceeds go to the UConn Pre-Veterinary Club. Dog must be leashed, friendly and rabies vaccinated.

Stevens Puppetry Presents “The Wizard of Oz”

1-2 p.m., Ballard Institute of Puppetry

Stevens Puppets of Indiana showcases a marionette based version of the classic “The Wizard of Oz.” Watch Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion come to life with the skills of puppeteers Martin Stevens and Dan Raynor. Tickets can be purchased online or on the day of, seating limited. Regular admission $12, students $8, children $6.

10th Annual Husky Classic Soccer Tournament

Midnight-11:59 p.m., Depot Campus Fields

Stop by and watch the 10th annual Husky Classic, a state-qualifying soccer tournament with both Traditional and Special teams. Held by Special Olympics CT and Community Outreach in collaboration with UConn students. Transportation provided; shuttles will be leaving from the Co-Op throughout the day. Come and support a Special Athlete this Saturday.

Midnight Breakfast

Sunday, May 1, 9:30-11:30p.m. Student Union

Load up before finals with SUBOG at UConn’s traditional Midnight Breakfast. Coffee, donuts, free massages, balloon artists, games, movies and a french toast bar will be present through the night. Wristbands required for entry, pick up your at any dining hall with your ID throughout the weekend. All UConn students welcome.

Connecticut Repertory Theater presents “Spamalot”

2 p.m., Harriet S. Jorgensen Theatre

Join the CRT for the last showing of the award-winning Monty Python musical “Spamalot.” Laughs, gags, music and, above all, SPAM will be present at this hilarious performance. Student tickets $7. Seating is limited.

Marlese Lessing is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at marlese.lessing@uconn.edu.