Music: What concerts are coming to Connecticut this summer?

Jason Aldean performs at the CMA Fest in June 2012. Aldean will be performing on April 29 and 30 at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut. (Larry Darling/Creative Commons)

Now that the semester is weeks away from being over, you’re going to have a lot more free time on your hands. The warmer weather means more artists will make their way to Connecticut to share their craft to a live audience. Here is a roundup of upcoming concerts in the Nutmeg State to look forward to.

If you weren’t lucky enough to score tickets to this year’s Spring Concert with Fetty Wap, you can instead celebrate spring with WHUS. This Saturday, April 9 they present rock band The Hotelier in the Student Union Ballroom with opening acts Joy Again and Florist at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are free with an UConn student ID or $5 without. The show is 18-plus.

For all you hardcore fans, the Webster Theater in Hartford will host the Road to Bands vs. Food Tour with We Came as Romans, Miss May I, Swore in and many others on April 22. Tickets are $21-$23.

Motion City Soundtrack will perform for the last time as a band at the Webster Theater as part of their So Long, Farewell Tour on June 15. Tickets are $23-$25.

Country music fans rejoice, Jason Aldean will be performing on April 29 and 30 at Mohegan Sun. Tickets are $79-$99. Florida Georgia Line will perform July 7 at the Xfinity Theater, tickets are $30.75-$65.50.

Summer would not be complete without a concert (and tailgate) at the Xfinity Theatre. Zac Brown Band plays on May 19, with ticket prices ranging from $33.50-$71. Dave Matthews Band will hit the stage on June 11, tickets ranging from $40.50-$85.

Former Disney Channel stars Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas team up with the Future Now Tour. The tour, also part of the Honda Civic Tour, will stop at Mohegan Sun on July 6. Tickets cost $69-$89.

Also at Mohegan Sun, Selena Gomez and Joe Jonas’ latest act DNCE will be performing as part of Gomez’s Revival Tour on May 29. Tickets are $69-$89.

Rockstar Energy’s Taste of Chaos Tour is back and will be hitting the Toyota Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford on June 6. This year’s lineup is an emo kids dream including Dashboard Confessional, Saosin (with Anthony Green), The Early November and Taking Back Sunday. Tickets are between $39.95-$49.95.

The Vans Warped Tour returns to the Xfinity Theatre with their punk rock summer camp. Bands this year, to name a few, include New Found Glory, Reel Big Fish, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Every Time I Die, Four Year Strong and Less Than Jake. Tickets are $34.50.

The one and only Justin Bieber will bring his Purpose World Tour to Hartford’s XL Center on July 10. Tickets will cost you $50.50-$116.

Music duo Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun, better known as Twenty One Pilots will also be one of the major acts hitting the Mohegan Sun Arena with guests MuteMath and Chef’s Special. They perform on June 17 with tickets costing only $49.50.

A$AP Ferg and Tory Lanez take on Toad’s Place in New Haven on June 22. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 day of show.

British rockers The Wombats will be at the College Street Music Hall in New Haven with special guests Coast Modern on June 15. The event is all ages and tickets cost $22.

Angie DeRosa is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at angelina.derosa@uconn.edu. She tweets @theangiederosa.