Trekking Europe: Pictures of a students journey spark adventure in us all

On June 1st, 2016, my girlfriend and I began our month long journey in Europe. We started off in Paris, France so enjoy the wonderful Parisian food. Then flew down to the coast to see part of the beautiful French Riviera in Nice. From Nice, we hopped on a plane over to Venice, Italy, where we enjoyed the wonderful seafood.

From Venice to Rome we went, stopping at all the touristy hotspots and eventually finding our way down to Florence.  While in Florence we rented a car and took a beautiful drive into the Tuscan countryside, as well as made our way to Cinque Terre, five small towns on the coast of Italy. 

I hope you enjoy this photo gallery and I hope it sparks a sense of adventure in you.

We then made our way down to Catania and enjoyed the best gelato we’ve ever had.  From Catania we flew up to Geneva, Switzerland, and made our way through the Swiss mountains via rental car. We made a stop in Bern, Switzerland’s capital, and went for a swim in the coldest mountain water we’ve ever been in! 

We continued on to Lauterbrunnen. Grindelwald, and Stechelberg where we saw the most breathtakingly surreal landscapes. We went for quite an exhausting hike up Gimmelwald to a tiny little village that sat upon the mountain and offered just incredible panoramic views of snowcapped mountains. From Switzerland we headed to our final destination in London, England, and explored the city for a few days.

All in all it was such a great trip filled with great experiences, and thousands of images that I will be able to cherish forever.  I hope you enjoy this photo gallery and I hope it sparks a sense of adventure in you.  If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Tyler Benton is a staff photographer with The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at tyler.benton@uconn.edu. You can follow him on Instagram at @tyben7.