Back To School Survival Playlist: Classic rock version

We all know the first week of school is murder. So, for survival, I have made a motivational playlist filled with classic rock goodness. There is nothing like an AC/DC song to pump you up, or a Guns n’ Roses guitar solo to push you to write that last page on that paper. It is only 10 songs, but listening to this playlist on repeat will get the message in your head that, number one, classic rock rules, and number two, we can make it through this semester. Rock on, and study hard fellow students.

“Back In Black”– AC/DC

This song is about coming back better than ever, and also a tribute to the band’s former singer Bon Scott.

“Eye Of The Tiger”– Survivor

From the “Rocky III” soundtrack, this song will have you fighting for those good grades.  

“Welcome To The Jungle”– Guns N’ Roses

College is a jungle, but we have the power to own it and bring it to its “sha na na na na knees.”

“Dream On”– Aerosmith

A song about learning from the past and living for today. A reminder to us all to enjoy college while it lasts and make the best of it.  

“The Show Must Go On”– Queen

Regardless of what happens, we still have to push through and must keep trying.

“We Are The Champions”– Queen

Of course I added this song because duh.

“Carry On Wayward Son”– Kansas

Just pay attention to the lyrics, it should be the theme song to life.

“Don’t Stop Believin’” – Journey

Yes, this is a cheesy song and you’ve heard it a million times but there are times when you need this song in your life to push you through that struggling class.

“We’re Not Gonna Take It” – Twisted Sister

Don’t settle for a C! When you’re fed up with a class and your professor is a jerk, prove to yourself and to him/her that you are awesome and ace that test!

“Beautiful Day” – U2

This song is also cheesy, but it is U2 and they are as motivational as it gets.

Genevieve Luce is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at genevieve.luce@uconn.edu.