5 shows to get you ready for fall

Sarah Paulson poses in the press room with the award for outstanding lead actress in a limited series or a movie for “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. (Phil McCarten/Invision for the Television Academy/AP Images)

Back to school, beautiful foliage, pumpkin picking and turkey carving: all the joys of fall. Finally you can put your sandals back in storage and take out your favorite pair of boots that you’ve been dying to wear the second you saw a leaf fall to the ground and heard that Pumpkin Spice Lattes are finally back. However, maybe the foliage, boots and lattes are not enough. With the humid and gloomy weather we are having, maybe you are not totally convinced that fall is finally only two days away (note: the first official day of the season is September 22). No worries, here are five TV specials that are sure to put you in the fall spirit (listed in no particular order).

1. American Horror Story (All Seasons)

Fall means Halloween time… Last week, American Horror Story premiered its sixth season on FX. Known for the creepy and mysterious nature of the show, it is sure to get you excited for the spookiness that is Halloween. Haven’t watched American Horror Story before? That’s perfectly fine! Every season is about a different theme, meaning you do not need to watch the previous season to be aware of what is going on.

2. How I Met Your Mother: “Slutty Pumpkin” (Season 1, Episode 6)

Although most Halloween specials are suspenseful and sometimes frightening to viewers, the Halloween special on “How I Met Your Mother” is the total opposite. Like usual, Ted Mosby thinks he is in love and that he needs to make fate happen. Instead of going to a Victoria Secret’s Halloween Party with his friend Barney, he decided to go to the same Halloween Rooftop Party he had gone to for the past few years–all in hopes of meeting the woman he referred to as the “Slutty Pumpkin.” Watching this episode (which can be found on Netflix) will definitely make you laugh, and might even give you a few Halloween costume ideas.

3. Sweet Life of Zack and Cody: “The Ghost in Suite 613” (Season 1, Episode 19)

To most kids nothing was as terrifying as the “Sweet Life of Zack and Cody” Halloween Special. This episode has become a Disney Channel classic for most who have watched it. Even years after premiering, memes of the episode can still be found throughout social media. But really, what is more terrifying and screams “Halloween spirit” than seeing Esteban, an employee at the Tipton Hotel, being possessed by the ghost of a woman who died in the hotel?

4. Gossip Girl: “Blair Waldorf Must Pie” (Season 1, Episode 9)

Fall is not completely dedicated to the spooks of Halloween; it is also about Thanksgiving. On this episode of “Gossip Girl,” Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf get into a fight (per usual) on Thanksgiving. The Van Der Woodsen's must spend Thanksgiving Day with Dan Humphrey and his family, which of course, causes some problems. Not only do you see the beautiful New York scenery during the fall in this episode, but you are also sure to get excited for your own Thanksgiving feast and will probably be grateful for your friends and family (and how seemingly normal they actually are) afterwards.

5. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Last but certainly not least is an absolute classic. In this Thanksgiving special, Charlie Brown and his friends take part in the typical Thanksgiving traditions: football and eating. The special also references to the first Thanksgiving meal. This special may make you nostalgic as well, if not make you excited to see the Charlie Brown and Snoopy parade floats in the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Valeria Popolizio is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at valeria.popolizio@uconn.eduShe tweets @ValeePopolizio_.