Brad Paisley adds UConn stop to national college tour

Brad Paisley, playing here at Cruzan Amphitheater in West Palm Beach, Florida, has announced that he is adding UConn as a stop on his national college tour. (Flickr/Timothy Wildey)

Brad Paisley announced on his website Monday night he’ll be adding a stop at the University of Connecticut on October 7 as part of his Country Nation College Tour.

SUBOG’s public relations chair for the concert committee Stephen Bogdan confirmed Tuesday afternoon they are hosting the event.

“Country Nation” is a single from Paisley’s chart-topping album “Moonshine in the Trunk,” which came out in 2015. The song is a “celebration of the college spirit and America’s passion for sports, while giving a shout-out to 18 college sports mascots,” as stated on his website.

Paisley has sold over 12 million albums, won three Grammy Awards, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 14 Country Music Association Awards and two American Music Awards.

Country singer and songwriter Lindsey Ell will open the concert. The concert will be free to all UConn students. Time and location have yet to be announced. Check back for updates.

Angie DeRosa is the life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at angelina.derosa@uconn.edu.  She tweets @theangiederosa.