UPDATE: Lottery opens for Brad Paisley concert at UConn, location announced

Brad Paisley, playing here at Cruzan Amphitheater in West Palm Beach, Florida, has announced that he is adding UConn as a stop on his national college tour. (Flickr/Timothy Wildey)

September 27 UPDATE:

Brad Paisley's Country Nation College Tour will be held in Gampel Pavillion, according to an email UConn Athletics sent out early in the morning on Tuesday, Sept. 27.

IMG, the multi-media partner of the UConn Division of Athletics, is is the organization behind getting the country music star to Storrs.

All UConn students, faculty and staff (including regional campuses) can center the lottery for a "fair chance" to win tickets. Tickets are free of charge for members of the UConn community. The lottery closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28. 

UConn students, faculty and staff who enter have a chance to receive up to two floor tickets, and four reserved tickets. Outside guests are allowed to come with a UConn member. 

Brad Paisley announced on his website on Monday, Sept. 19, that he’s be adding a stop at the University of Connecticut on October 7 as part of his Country Nation College Tour.

SUBOG’s public relations chair for the concert committee Stephen Bogdan confirmed they are hosting the event.

“Country Nation” is a single from Paisley’s chart-topping album “Moonshine in the Trunk,” which came out in 2015. The song is a “celebration of the college spirit and America’s passion for sports, while giving a shout-out to 18 college sports mascots,” as stated on his website.

Paisley has sold over 12 million albums, won three Grammy Awards, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 14 Country Music Association Awards and two American Music Awards.

Country singer and songwriter Lindsey Ell will open the concert.

Angie DeRosa is the life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at angelina.derosa@uconn.edu.  She tweets @theangiederosa.