Men’s basketball: Huskies land Class of 2017 recruit Tyler Polley

UConn men's basketball head coach Kevin Ollie, pictured at a game against Temple during the 2015-2016 season, has secured another commitment for the Class of 2017. Forward Tyler Polley announced his commitment to the Huskies via his Twitter account, propelling UConn’s recruiting class from 24th overall to No. 7. (File Photo/The Daily Campus).

For the third time in as many weeks, UConn men’s basketball head coach Kevin Ollie has secured another commitment for the Class of 2017 after small forward Tyler Polley announced his commitment to the Huskies via his Twitter account.

The Fort Lauderdale, Florida native is a four-star recruit ranked No. 135 overall according to 247sports’ composite rankings. The 6-foot-7, 190-pound Polley chose the Huskies over Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Dayton and Pittsburgh. His commitment to the Huskies propelled UConn’s recruiting class from 24th overall to No. 7.

Polley currently offers a polished offensive game with the good ball-handling skills and decision making. While he has the offensive talent, putting on more weight and strength will be his primary focus when he gets on campus.

Polley joins point guard Makai Ashton-Langford and Josh Carlton, a 6-foot-9, 225-pound center who committed to the Huskies last week.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.