USG Senatorial Elections: How to cast your vote

The Undergraduate student senate met for caucus in the Student Union on Wednesday evening. They discussed their goals for the semester and year. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

Polls for the Undergraduate Student Government senatorial elections opened Tuesday at midnight and will close on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 11:59 p.m.

All undergraduate students are encouraged to cast their votes online at vote.uconn.edu using their NetID and password.

From there, students will be taken to the online ballot where they can cast their vote for the candidates in their residential area or the commuter seat, as well as for the open seats in the academic college to which they belong.

“The number of votes cast for each constituency is determined by the number of open seats in said constituency,” said USG Deputy Speaker George Wang.

Students belonging to more than one school may contact eoc@usg.uconn.edu should they want to cast an additional vote, as the online system takes only the first degree that is listed by the Bursar’s Office.

USG holds regular elections once a semester. Academic and Multicultural and Diversity Senate seats are put up for election every spring, while Residential and Class Senate seats are up for election every fall, according to the USG website.

Olivia Pesce is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at olivia.pesce@uconn.edu.