Top 5 beauty & accessory trends to survive this fall

Now that fall is in full swing, I can finally jump to the best part of the season! Beauty and accessories. No outfit is ever complete without finishing touches to complete the look. In the fall, this typically means a dark lips or nails, scarves, hats and boots. Whether you choose just one or opt to mix and match between them all, if you include any of these in your fall ensembles you’re sure to be the trendiest on campus.

Dark Lips & Nails

Love Bite on @colorwithcrayons, available now.

A photo posted by Kylie Cosmetics (@kyliecosmetics) on

If you open any high fashion magazine lately you’re sure to find women wearing lipsticks that basically look like different variations of the color black. I might love the aesthetic of a dark lip but personally, it is just too dark for my taste. This season I’ve fallen completely in love with a burgundy wine colored shade that I’m almost certain looks fabulous on every skin tone. If you aren’t too afraid of a little darkness, maybe adding in a dark nail color is for you! Fall tends to make me lean towards dark purples or emerald greens for my nails when I’m not just opting for black since it matches with everything. Some people think black is too harsh, the general rule of thumb is as always wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident!

What fall outfit is complete without the perfect fuzzy scarf? The answer is none! I’m obsessed with scarves, mainly because I’m always freezing but also because they’re so comfy and cute. What better combo is there? They come in so many different styles and patterns you’re almost certain to find a couple that you can work into your everyday wardrobe. Pair them with your favorite sweaters and jackets and you’ve got a comfortable and warm outfit for a day strolling around campus.

NEW ARRIVALS! Beanies are NOW up on 🛍 click link in BIO to shop

A photo posted by 💥SINGLEMOMMAFIA™ (@singlemommafia) on

This one is for the girls and guys out there! It’s finally hat season and I’m obsessed with beanies. Knit hats are so comfy and come in so many different styles that they’re perfect for both girls and guys. I’ve always been a huge fan of the knitted beanies but there are so many options out there you really can’t go wrong. They’re also great at hiding a bad hair day because  they’re so fashionable you really never have to take them off! Pair them with a knit sweater and you’re good to go!

And last but certainly not least, it's finally BOOTS season people! This is by far my favorite part of fall, they come in so many different styles it's impossible for anyone not to love them. This season my all time favorite are knee-high boots. For a lot of people, this is reminiscent of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman and tends to be a little bit more on the scandalous side, but worn properly, they take every outfit to the next level and make your legs look miles long! Buy them in leather or suede and pair with a pair of skinny jeans and your favorite top or sweater and you have an Instagram ready outfit in seconds.

And that’s a wrap for my top five picks for beauty and accessories for this fall! As the season goes on, I’m sure there will be more to add to this list, but for now this is a great place to start, looking forward to seeing all your favorite picks for this season!

Michelle Marquez is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at