Trustees to meet Thursday in Rome Ballroom

Adam Kuegler speaks to students about the Board of Trustees meeting happening Thursday morning at 10:15 a.m. (Akshara Thejawsi/The Daily Campus)

The University of Connecticut’s Board of Trustees will meet Thursday morning at 10:15 in the Rome Commons Ballroom. The meeting is open to the public.

The agenda for this meeting includes a recommendation to extend the university’s collective bargaining agreements with both faculty and professional staff at the UConn Health Center.

Generally the Board of Trustees meets on Wednesdays, but this particular meeting was scheduled for a Thursday due to time conflicts, UConn spokesperson Stephanie Reitz said.

“We have a non-Wednesday meeting about once a year on average,” Reitz said. “We had one on Jan. 30, 2015, for instance (a Friday) after the scheduled meeting a few days earlier was canceled due to poor weather.”

Student trustee Adam Kuegler said the scheduling has to work around the trustees’ outside work and other commitments.

“It was as far as I can tell based on member availability,” Kuegler said. “All the trustees are volunteers so it’s based on member availability.”

Students are welcome to attend, and the first item on the meeting agenda is public participation.

Chris McDermott is the news editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at

Schae Beaudoin is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can      be reached by email at