Free transportation for UConn students to Storrs Adventure Park

The Adventure Park at Storrs is offering free transportation for students beginning Friday. (Tyler Benton/The Daily Campus)

Starting this Friday, the Adventure Park at Storrs, an aerial forest park dedicated to helping people experience nature and engage in healthy outdoor activities, will offer a free shuttle service to and from the main University of Connecticut campus for students interested in “getting their climb on.”

The shuttle will leave from Fairfield Way at 6:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and will leave the Adventure Park to return to Fairfield Way at 9:00 p.m., 9:30 p.m., and 10:00 p.m. The shuttle will run every Friday through September and October beginning September 9th, according to the park’s website.

“The shuttle was suggested by a number of UConn students recently stating they would love to come to the park and be outdoors but had no way to get to us,” said UConn Voice of the Adventure Park at Storrs and seventh semester economics major Jessica Noteware.

Students also told the Adventure Park that Fridays were the best days to run the shuttle, since it usually doesn’t interfere with academics. Based on its marketing efforts, the park expects a fairly large turnout this Friday and expects even more students to take advantage of the shuttle service in the Fridays following, Noteware said.

“We do plan to continue the shuttle next year, as well as in the spring of 2017,” Noteware said.

No ticket reservations are required before riding the shuttle – students can hop right onto the shuttle at any of the posted times and purchase tickets at the park. Online tickets are available, though, and UConn students can use the discount code “UConn2016” to receive student discount pricing of $23 per person.

“We are excited that UConn students will be able to come to the park and not need to worry about how to get there, as well as experience the park with fellow college students,” Noteware said.

Noteware also said she is excited that students will be able to climb amongst the park’s new special effects lighting, making being in the trees an even more special experience.

The Adventure Park advertised the new shuttle service on their website, through handouts around campus, by altering student groups and by posting an announcement on their Facebook page, Noteware said.

The shuttle comes from First Student out of Vernon, one of the largest school bus providers in the state, and will serve UConn students only, Noteware said.

The Adventure Park at Storrs is located at 2007 Storrs Road and is operating on its fall schedule until November 20th, which can be found on their website.

Molly Stadnicki is the associate news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at molly.stadnicki@uconn.edu.