Men's Soccer: Huskies head to D.C. for Georgetown clash

UConn's Nicholas Zuniga runs with the ball during the Huskies' 2-0 win over Cornell. (Tyler Benton/The Daily Campus)

The UConn men’s soccer team will head to the nation’s capital for its first road game of the season at Georgetown. The two sides will kick off at 1 p.m. at Shaw Field on Saturday.

UConn (3-1-0) is coming off a 2-0 victory over Cornell on Monday night at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium. Nick Zuniga and Andrew Geres each scored their first goals of the season in the second half. Goalkeeper Scott Levene anchored UConn’s defense in their second clean sheet of the year.

UConn has established an extensive offensive arsenal, with six players already finding the back of the net. Sophomore forward Abdou Thiam has scored twice and has one assist. He also leads the team in shots, with 12.

The Hoyas (0-4-0) will be playing in just their second home game this season. Offense has come at a premium for Georgetown this season, tallying just one goal across their opening four games.

The Huskies sit just outside the top 25, having received 51 votes in the last poll.

Saturday’s meeting with the Hoyas will mark the 27th meeting between the two teams in a series dating back to 1991. The Huskies own a 14-9-3 all-time mark against Georgetown after securing their first win against the team in 1991.

Elan-Paolo DeCarlo is the associate digital editor for The Daily Campus, covering men's basketball. He can be reached via email at elan-paolo.decarlo@uconn.edu. He tweets @ElanDeCarlo.