A sprinkler malfunction in North Dining Hall on Monday caused the dining hall to close for approximately two hours around lunch time.
“The incident started around 11:30 a.m. and we were able to get it all cleaned up and back open by 1:15 p.m,” UConn spokesperson Stephanie Reitz said in an email.
Water was coming down from the ceiling sprinkler in the kitchen area.
“Dining services and the fire department responded quickly and called in a bit of support from the Building Service team of UConn's facilities department,” Reitz said.
The incident did not cause damage to the dining hall.
Schae Beaudoin is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.