Women's Basketball: No. 1 UConn vs Tulane preview capsule

Sophomore guard Napheesa Collier floats a shot above two USF defenders during the Huskies historic 90 win on Jan. 10, 2016 at the XL Center in Hartford. (Owen Bonaventura/The Daily Campus)

Time and Place: 1 p.m. Sunday at Gampel Pavilion

Where to Watch: ESPN2, channel 42.2 on Storrs TV listings

Last Meeting: UConn won 82-35, on March 6, 2016 in the semifinals of the American Athletic Conference Tournament at Mohegan Sun Arena

UConn’s Last Time Out: 98-58 road win against Tulsa on Jan. 17

Tulane’s Last Time Out: 82-56 win at home over Houston on Jan. 14

Projected Starting Lineups: UConn (17-0, 5-0 The American) vs. Tulane (12-6, 3-2 The American)

G: Saniya Chong vs. Kolby Morgan

Chong continues to be an excellent distributor for the Huskies, racking up 54 assists to just 13 turnovers this season. Vorpahl is similar to Chong, averaging 12.3 points and 6.9 assists per game. Stopping Vorpahl’s passing game will be crucial to the Huskies’ success.

G: Kia Nurse vs. Leslie Vorpahl

After struggling at the start of the season, Nurse has returned to form by shooting well from the 3-point line (43 percent) and getting to foul line, where she’s shooting a team-high 85 percent. She will likely be tasked with guarding Morgan, who is the Green Wave’s leading scorer at 18.3 points per point and is fresh off a 22-point performance in the win over Houston.

G: Katie Lou Samuelson vs. Tene Thompson

Samuelson returns to Gampel after a career-high 34 points in 29 minutes in the win over Tulsa, and is now shooting 46.3 percent from deep on the season. Thompson will likely make her fourth start of the season, replacing former starter Meredith Schulte, and should help Tulane on the defensive end.

G: Gabby Williams vs. Courtnie Latham

Williams came close once again to a triple-double against Tulsa with 13 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. Latham added 12 points in the Green Wave’s win over Houston and has scored double-figures in six of Tulane’s 18 games.

F: Napheesa Collier vs. Harlyn Wyatt

Collier posted her sixth-career double-double with a 21-point, 13-rebound performance in only 24 minutes in the win over Tulsa. Wyatt is the only frontcourt player in Green Wave starting five, and the sophomore is averaging 7.1 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.

Talking Points

Bent Off the Bench: With Crystal Dangerfield out with a foot injury, Molly Bent is seeing an increase in minutes as head coach Geno Auriemma looks to get more depth from his bench. The freshman guard played a career high 21 minutes against Tulsa but did not score a point.

Home Sweet Home: UConn returns to Gampel Pavilion for the first time in well over a month, having not played in Storrs since a 91-46 blowout of No. 15 DePaul on Dec. 1. The Huskies are 317-19 all-time at Gampel Pavilion and have not lost there since the 2012-13 season.

Gone Streaking: UConn’s win over Tulsa puts their NCAA-record win streak at 92 games, with a chance to extend it to 93 should the Huskies defeat the Green Wave. UConn also owns a 102-game win streak against unranked opponents.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women's basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433