This week marked the first snowfall of the spring semester, and consequently, I’ve faced too many days of rain, wind and close calls, days where I almost stayed in bed instead of going to class. So the inspiration from this week’s drink comes from the warm and sunny south. Originally, this recipe was called something like the Georgia Peach and intended as a shot, but I added some orange juice and dubbed it the “Florida-Georgia Line.” Hopefully this sunny cocktail brings you some southern comfort.
-Peach brandy or schnapps
- Orange juice
- Frozen Peaches (optional)
1. Fill your glass with ice or frozen peaches, to add flavor and keep your drink cold simultaneously.
2. Add 1/2 oz. of Southern Comfort bourbon.
3. Add 1/2 oz. of peach brandy or schnapps.
4. Fill to the top with orange juice.
5. Stir and enjoy!
Just mix the two liquors in a shot glass and enjoy in a faster fashion.
Francesca Colturi is associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.