What’s coming to Netflix this February

This Feb. will bring a lot of great content to Netflix, with different films and TV shows being added to the streaming service that fit a variety of genres and tastes. (Wikimedia Commons)

As the weather gets colder and workloads get heavier, many students might find themselves drawn to Netflix as a way to keep warm and relax. A new month means new content for the online streaming service, so here are some titles to look out for this Feb.  

For those looking for a little nostalgia this month, children’s films like “Babe,” “Balto,” “Corpse Bride” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas” will make their way onto the streaming service on the 1st. Disney Pixar’s hit 2016 movie “Finding Dory” will also join the group of great children’s films coming onto Netflix this month, despite only having been available on DVD since late Oct. The animated film “Sausage Party” will be available for streaming on Feb. 23, but unlike the aforementioned animated films, “Sausage Party” is definitely not for kids.  

Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the Netflix original “Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special” and the teen romance/fantasy film “Twilight” will be added to Netflix before Feb. 14. For those who would rather celebrate Galentine’s Day, Steven Soderbergh’s film “Magic Mike” will be added to Netflix on Feb. 1.

Feb. also means that award season is underway, so it’s only fitting that Academy Award-winning films like “Milk” and “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” will be added to the streaming service throughout the month.  

Movies are not the only content making their way onto Netflix this Feb., as some great TV shows will also become available throughout the month. The critically-acclaimed and award winning “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson” will be available for binge-watching on Feb. 2. “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson” will be joined by the Netflix original series “Santa Clara Diet” and the final season of the Disney Channel show “Girl Meets World.”  

Unfortunately, new content means that some shows and movies will be leaving Netflix throughout Feb. Acclaimed action flicks like “Mission Impossible: III,” “Sahara” and Ridley Scott’s “Black Hawk Down” will be removed on the 1st, so if you want to see any of these films, watch while they are still available. Comedies like “Scary Movie 5,” “Problem Child: Leslie Jones,” “Jackass 2.5” and “The Nut Job” will also be pulled throughout the month. Several documentaries will be removed from Netflix this month like “Justin Bieber’s Believe” and the 2007 Academy Award winner for Best Documentary, Davis Guggenheim’s “An Inconvenient Truth.” The last film to leave Netflix this month is the 90s teen classic “Clueless,” so be sure to add it to your queue before the film is removed on Feb. 28.

This Feb. will bring a lot of great content to Netflix, with different films and TV shows being added to the streaming service that fit a variety of genres and tastes. Whether you are looking for a new show to binge-watch, or are just hoping to relax with your favorite movie after a stressful day of classes, Netflix has you covered with its new titles throughout the month of Feb.

Lauren Brown is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at lauren.brown@uconn.edu.