Thirsty Thursday: Fizzy Tequila Slammer & Silver Bullet Shooter

While we here at Thirsty Thursday usually provide you with cocktail recipes perfect for indulging your inner bartender, it’s about time we gave you all some recipes to help step up your shot game. There is so much more to shots than cheap vodka, so this Thursday we proudly present to you two drinks that are sure to make your pregame as interesting as your night out.

First, we have the Silver Bullet Shooter. This mix of scotch and gin provides enough of a punch to even get a werewolf drunk (hence the name).

Ingredients:

• One and one quarter ounces of gin
  • Three quarter ounces of whisky

In a glass, pour the gin and whisky over ice. Mix it by shaking the drink well. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, just take two different size cups and make sure to hold the cups tightly as you shake. After the drink is all shaken up, carefully strain it into a shot glass. The Silver Bullet Shooter is strong, so take a deep breath and knock it back!

Our second shot for today is a Fizzy Tequila Slammer. It’s another simple, two-ingredient shot that is just as much fun to make as it is to drink.

Ingredients:

• One ounce of tequila
  • One ounce of ginger beer

Combine the tequila and the ginger beer into a shot glass. Place you hand over the top of the glass and slam it on the table. The tequila and ginger beer will start to fizz right after the drink hits the table, so make sure you take the shot before the bubbles begin to settle. The tequila and ginger beer mix really well together, and your friends are sure to have a blast making this easy and entertaining cocktail.  

Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to life@dailycampus.com. We will respond if we are sober.