Students can reschedule bunched finals until Nov. 17

If a student has bunched finals, they should go to the iCenter at the entrance to Wilbur Cross before Nov. 17 to ask for permission to reschedule an exam, according to the Dean of Students Office. (Flickr/Creative Commons)

University of Connecticut students with certain final exam scheduling conflicts for fall 2017, such as finals scheduled at the same time, can ask for permission to reschedule exams until Nov. 17.

“If a student has what the university calls ‘bunched’ finals, they can request approval to reschedule an exam,” Maureen Armstrong, Associate Dean of Students, said.

According to the Dean of Students Office, bunched finals include two finals scheduled at the same time, three finals in one day, three finals in consecutive time blocks spanning parts of two consecutive days and four finals in two consecutive days.

If a student has bunched finals, they should go to the iCenter at the entrance to Wilbur Cross before Nov. 17 to ask for permission to reschedule an exam, according to the Dean of Students Office. There will also be a table set up in the Student Union from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Oct. 17, Oct. 23, Nov. 2 and Nov. 8 at which students can receive help with rescheduling bunched finals.

“The final exam rescheduling process is offered every semester,” Armstrong said.

Journalism Professor Mike Stanton said he will give the final exam for his Press in America class on the last day the class meets to avoid potential scheduling conflicts during finals week.

“The reason I chose to give this test in class … was because it is not a comprehensive final exam and … because I started hearing from students who said they had problems with taking it at the [university assigned] Saturday time,” Stanton said. “I didn’t want to be in a position where two groups of students were taking the exam at different times.”

Ashley Anglisano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.