Rob $tone performing at fall concert

(NSFW)

Rapper Rob $tone, known for his 2016 hit “Chill Bill,” will be performing at UConn’s fall concert on Nov. 3, SUBOG announced on Twitter Friday.

“Chill Bill” was certified double platinum in the US this past June. $tone told Fuse he wrote the song while in trouble with the law.

“That morning that we made it, we were actually in the back of a police car,” $tone said. “Then we ended up being let go because they didn’t have anything to convict us or anything.”

$tone called the incident a “wake-up call,” with a laugh.

The 22-year-old rapper has two mixtapes behind him; 2016’s “I’m Almost Ready” and 2015’s “Straight Bummin’”.

$tone is also notorious for his feuds with fellow rappers.

He admitted to jumping Ski Mask the Slump God onstage when the two artists were supporting Desiigner on his “Outlet” tour after $tone said Ski Mask had been disrespectful a number of times throughout the tour.

Following the incident, $tone was removed from the Rolling Loud festival lineup.

“Due to recent events, the festival has decided that the safest course of action is to remove Rob Stone from the Rolling Loud Festival 2017 lineup in order to maintain a safe concert experience for fans and artists alike,” a statement from the festival read. “Rob was ready, willing, and able to perform, but we felt removing him was imperative.”

After XXXTentacion, a friend of Ski Mask’s, was knocked out onstage in $tone’s hometown San Diego, many accused $tone of organizing the attack. A 19-year-old was stabbed in the brawl that erupted onstage after the attack on X. $tone never took responsibility.

Pre-sale tickets for the fall concert go on sale Monday at jorgensen.uconn.edu. Presale floor tickets will be $15 and balcony tickets will be $10. After presale ends on Wednesday, ticket prices will increase to $30 for floor tickets and $20 for balcony tickets.

Schae Beaudoin is the life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at schae.beaudoin@uconn.edu.