Voyeurism incident reported in Hamilton Hall

The incident occurred Saturday night at Hamilton Hall in Towers. (Gesalbte/Wikimedia Commons)

The University of Connecticut Police Department issued a crime alert Saturday night about a reported incident of voyeurism.

At approximately 2:30 a.m. on Oct. 28, an individual entered the women’s bathroom on the second floor of Hamilton Hall where a woman was showering, UCPD said.

This person held a white cell phone over the top of the shower, UCPD said. Once this person was noticed, they left the area.

The state of Connecticut defines its voyeurism statute as: A person is guilty of voyeurism when he knowingly photographs, films, videotapes or otherwise records another person's image without that person's knowledge and consent under the following circumstances: The actor must be motivated by either malice or an intent to satisfy or arouse his or another person's sexual desires.

The filming must be of someone who is not in plain view and under the circumstances has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

The police are actively investigating this incident and encourage anyone with information to contact UCPD. They do not have a description of the offender at this time.

Anyone with information can call (860) 486-4800.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu. She tweets @ZarraAnna.