Mansfield Apartments without power for almost 12 hours

Power was restored to all buildings in Mansfield Apartments by 5:45 p.m., UConn spokeswoman Stephane Reitz said. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

The Mansfield Apartment complex lost power early Monday morning at the University of Connecticut due to downed power lines following a storm Sunday night.

At approximately 6 a.m., the UConn Fire Department responded to the area after a tree fell on the power lines, UCPD Deputy Chief Andrew Fournier said. Tree limbs also fell on two vehicles causing minor damage, Fournier said.

Power was restored to all buildings in Mansfield Apartments by 5:45 p.m., UConn spokeswoman Stephane Reitz said.

Mansfield Apartments are not on the UConn power grid and are serviced by Eversource Power, Reitz said.

The storm had winds up to 73 mph and caused massive damage across the state leaving thousands without power and many school districts closed according to NBC Connecticut.

Winds reached over 100 mph in other parts of the northeast; the storm caused severe flooding and up to seven inches of rain in parts of New York. Branford, Connecticut received just over 6 inches of rain, and 5.84 inches fell in Monroe, according to weather.com.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu. She tweets @ZarraAnna.