What’s coming and leaving Netflix in November

A number of new shows are coming to Netflix this November, including many Netflix originals. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola, File)

November is here, and with it comes many new additions to Netflix. And honestly, what better way to avoid the cold weather and all of your responsibilities than by binge watching all of the new content? Around 80 new titles are being added this month, almost half of which are Netflix Originals. Netflix has really been pushing their original content out on viewers, and this month will be no different. Highlights of the new arrivals include “The Pursuit of Happyness”, “To Rome With Love”, “Charlotte’s Web”, and Netflix’s newest Marvel series, “The Punisher”. Keep reading to find out what other movies and shows you won’t want to miss, as well as the ones you will have to say goodbye to!

Halloween might have passed, but that doesn’t mean Netflix is done adding films to keep the spooky spirit alive. Fans of true horror films should check out “Oculus”, which tells the story of two siblings as they discover a haunted mirror that possesses anyone who looks into it, or “Silent Hill” which follows a mother and her adopted daughter that have found themselves stranded in a strange, cursed town. Viewers looking for a less terrifying but still scary film should check out “Casper”, which is about the friendly young ghost we all know and love, or “Scary Movie” which parodies various actual horror films.

As for Netflix Originals, there are many new arrivals. As mentioned earlier, “The Punisher” is the biggest Originals release this month. Netflix has had a lot of success with with Marvel-based shows such as “Jessica Jones” and “Daredevil”, so “The Punisher” is definitely worth a watch if you are interested in those. Other Netflix Originals coming this month include series “Alias Grace”, which is based on the novel by Margaret Atwood, or movies “The Killer” and “Mea Culpa”.

There are also some family-friendly films being added. The star-studded animated film “The Boss Baby”, starring Alec Baldwin, Lisa Kudrow, and Jimmy Kimmel, will be added on Nov. 22. The film, which was released this summer, details the rivalry between imaginative 7-year-old boy Tim and his new baby brother. Classic farm animals tale “Charlotte’s Web” and “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed” will also be arriving.

Will Smith fans can rejoice this month; Academy Award nominated drama “The Pursuit of Happyness” and highly acclaimed and Academy Award winning comedy “Men In Black” will both be added.

Other arrivals include terrifying thriller “Piranha”, Elijah Wood’s fantasy “9”, crime film “The Whole Nine Yards” starring Bruce Willis, thriller/horror film “Killing Ground”, and “Santa Claws”, which stars many adorable kittens.

As with any set of new arrivals, we also have to say goodbye to some films and shows this month. The hardest loss will definitely be all nine seasons of “How I Met Your Mother”. You can binge-watch it on Netflix until Nov. 13th, but fear not because it is also available on Hulu. Other disappointing losses include “Hannah Montana: The Movie”, “Sky High”, “Twilight” and “The Heartbreak Kid”.

For the full list of what’s coming and going this month go to usatoday.com.

Melissa Scrivani is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.