SUBOG’s ‘Finish the Lyric' gives students chance to win free Aminé tickets

Amine performing on Jimmy Fallon in 2017. (Sweetfeet610/Wikimedia Creative Commons)

Today at 1:30 pm on the Student Union Lawn, University of Connecticut students can try their luck at winning tickets to an upcoming Aminé concert. The event, which will be hosted by SUBOG Concert Committee, will give students a chance to win one of 125 tickets for the concert, which will take place on Oct. 20 at Toad’s Place in New Haven.

All students are eligible to enter in the giveaway; all they have to do to play is swipe in using their UConn IDs.

Participating is completely free and the tickets will cover the cost of transportation, so students will not have to spend a penny to enjoy what will surely be an unforgettable night out in New Haven!

Last semester, Aminé was set to open for Lil Uzi Vert at SUBOG’s Spring Concert, but the event was canceled when bad weather made it impossible for Lil Uzi Vert to fly to Storrs in time. While many students were upset to have missed the concert, SUBOG Concert Committee’s latest event will give students a chance to finally see Aminé live.

“We want all students to have the ability to see an artist that we may not be able to get here on campus,” said Alexandra Fragola, the Public Relations Chair for SUBOG Concert Committee. “Since we can’t bring Aminé back to campus, we’re taking the campus to Aminé.”

In order to win the tickets, participants will be asked to choose from a list of popular Aminé songs, including “Veggies,” “Yellow,” “Spice Girl,” “Wedding Crashers,” “Dakota,” “Beach Boy,” “Heebie Jeebies” and “Redmercedes.” While their song of choice is playing, a member of SUBOG Concert Committee will randomly pause the music and participants will have to guess which lyric comes next. Make sure you study up on your Aminé lyrics, as the first 125 participants to finish the lyrics correctly will find themselves the lucky owner of an Aminé concert ticket.

Tickets are not the only thing that SUBOG Concert Committee is giving away at the event. In order to celebrate SUBOG Concert Committee’s Apple Music playlist, some very special winners will get additional prizes: The 65th winner in the “finish the lyric” event will go home with a free pair of Beats Solo 3 wireless headphones; another pair of Beats headphones will be given out at random to a lucky person waiting in line; finally, 10 participants will be randomly gifted a 10 percent-off coupon for a pair of Beats that can be redeemed at the UConn Bookstore.

Lauren Brown is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at lauren.brown@uconn.edu.