Thirsty Thursday: Fishers Island Hot Toddy

Now that it is finally getting cold outside, it’s about time we gave you all a hot drink recipe. In honor of the dropping temperatures, we will be doing a Fishers Island Hot Toddy for this week’s Thirsty Thursday. While Fishers Island Lemonade is usually associated with warm weather and beaches, heating it up on the stovetop will create a beverage that will keep you warm on even the coldest winter nights. Out of the drinks we have made so far this semester, this one is definitely on the pricier side, but by no means is it too expensive to make.

Ingredients:

- One can of Fishers Island Lemonade

- One Cinnamon stick

- A dash of allspice

- A dash of nutmeg

- Two ounces of bourbon

Pour the Fishers Island into a small pot. Add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cover. Keep it simmering for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully pour into two glasses. Top off with an ounce of bourbon and stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Fishers Island Lemonade alone is without a doubt delicious, but heating up somehow managed to make this summertime specialty even better. Once you throw in the spices and the bourbon, this drink gets transformed into a wonderful warming winter beverage.

Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to life@dailycampus.com. We will respond if sober.