Book drive held to create lending library on campus

Now through December 1, the School of Business is hosting a Little Library Book Drive. Students can donate books in the box located across from the Information Desk in the Student Union. (Olivia Stenger/The Daily Campus)

A book drive is being held this week to help create a lending library on campus. Books can be donated at the Student Union in a box across from the information desk, according to Cole Crawford, an organizer of the drive.

Crawford, a fifth-semester management and engineering for manufacturing student and is receiving help from Teresa Lally and William Harasyko, and is doing this as a project for his Project Management class in the School of Business in order to learn about organizing projects.

According to Crawford, the location and opening time for the lending library has not been confirmed, but he hopes to know for sure by the end of the week.

Crawford said that the drive is looking for any books that students are willing to donate in any genre or condition.

“...part of (my) purpose is to provide UConn students with a fun and easy way to read, as we often don't have the free time to sit down and enjoy a book,” Crawford said. “These books may have been read only a few times or never even finished so it's important that they end up in the hands of someone who could enjoy them, rather than sitting on a bookshelf,” Crawford said.

All books not used in this library will be donated to Better World Books, an online used bookstore, according to Crawford.

This drive will be running from Nov. 27 to Dec. 1.

Molly Desrochers is a Campus Correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at molly.desrochers@uconn.edu.