Editorial: A reflection on what we are thankful for

In the spirit of the holiday, the Daily Campus Editorial Board shares some of the things they are thankful for. (Gratisography/Creative Commons)

This past week, millions of people around the United States sat down around the table (or possibly on a couch in front of a football game) for Thanksgiving and some of them were probably prompted by their relatives to share what they were thankful for. So, in the spirit of the holiday, the Daily Campus Editorial Board would like to share some of the things we are thankful for.

First and foremost, we would like to thank each and every individual or organization that provides us with content to write about and without whom we could not adequately do our jobs. The big winner this semester has been the Mansfield Zoning and Planning Commission, whose new regulations restricting gatherings have sparked debate for months and have most recently been accused of being unconstitutional. We are also thankful to USG, whether they are spearheading a progressive new program to provide feminine hygiene products or spending the majority of their meetings figuring out how to govern themselves.

A special thank you to all the UConn researchers who investigate interesting topics is in order as well, without whom our editorials would not be nearly as engaging or insightful. Finally, we would like to thank the general construction at UConn that occurs and guarantees that we always have a backup article idea in case it’s a slow week in UConn news.

Thanks are owed to the Daily Campus News Section as well, whose work provides the basis for so many of our articles. We are also thankful to the wonderful copyeditors at the Daily Campus for making it look like all of our writers know how to use proper grammar and spell words, and the designers that work on the section to make it look so pretty each and every day.

However, we are not only thankful for those who do things we can write about and those who edit our articles but also to our readers. We aren’t under any illusions about how many people read the Daily Campus, let alone the “boring” opinion editorials. But to those who do read, whether you be students, professors, faculty or the random people from other states who always end up sending us emails about what we write please know that it does mean a lot to us to see you reading.