Seniors prepare for graduation

Students must apply to graduate four weeks prior to the semester’s end through the Student Administration System to determine whether all degree requirements will have been satisfied by the end of the semester, the website said. (File Photo/The Daily Campus)

University of Connecticut seniors who plan to graduate in December can find information about about what they need to know to be prepared for graduation on the Registrar Office and UConn Senior websites.

According to the Registrar Office website, graduation is not automatic.

Students must apply to graduate four weeks prior to the semester’s end through the Student Administration System to determine whether all degree requirements will have been satisfied by the end of the semester, the website said.

According to the website, students are able to apply once registration for their last semester opens up.  

To ensure all requirements are satisfied to earn one’s degree, the Registrar Office website advises student to run their Academic Requirements Report.

Seamus Coleman, a seventh semester allied health science major, said he checked in with his professors to make sure he was able to graduate this December.

“I got a lot of the information about what I needed to graduate from my professors,” Coleman said.

According to the Registrar Office website, Preliminary Plans of Study are required by some programs, but do not need to be submitted to the Registrar Office.

Major Plans of Study should be submitted through the Student Administration System, said the website.

The first step to participate in commencement is to apply for graduation and submit a final Plan of Study, the UConn Senior website said.

According to the Registrar Office website,  December graduates will be allowed to attend the May Commencement alongside August 2017 graduates.

According to the UConn Senior website, seniors who plan to graduate in December can buy their regalia after Spring Break, which enables them to buy graduation tickets at the BookStore.

“I’m not stressed about December’s graduation,” Coleman said. “I think I’m prepared.”

Roisin Coleman is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at roisin.coleman@uconn.edu.