College advisor who stole Lucian Wintrich’s speech turns herself into UCPD

Quinebaug Valley Community College adviser Catherine Gregory turned herself into the University of Connecticut Police Department on Dec. 7. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

Quinebaug Valley Community College adviser Catherine Gregory turned herself into the University of Connecticut Police Department on Dec. 7 after the University of Connecticut informed her attorney that there was a warrant out for her arrest, UConn spokesperson Stephanie Reitz said in an email.

Catherine Gregory, 33, of Willimantic, was charged with Disorderly Conduct and Criminal Attempt to Commit Larceny in the sixth degree with a bond set at $1,000. She is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 13, according to a report from UCPD.

At D.C. Bureau Chief and White House correspondent for the Gateway Pundit Lucian Wintrich’s speech, “It’s Okay to Be White” in November, video footage showed Gregory going up to the lectern and taking papers containing his speaking points, resulting in a physical altercation. That night, Wintrich was arrested for breach of peace and released on a $1000 non-surety bond. Gregory was not arrested that night.

On Dec. 11 at 7:07 a.m. from Rockville, Connecticut, Wintrich posted a tweet linked to a Hartford Courant article detailing Gregory’s arrest. “Justice finally being served this morning,” Wintrich wrote in his tweet.

A half hour later, Wintrich tweeted claiming his charge for breach of the peace was dropped outright.

“The leftist thug who stole my speech was arrested. The fight is still not over,” Wintrich wrote in his tweet.

As for Wintrich’s publication The Gateway Pundit, an article was posted on Dec. 11 with the headline, “TGP’s LUCIAN WINTRICH and Attorney Speak to Reporters After Charges Dropped: ‘This Is NOT Nazi Germany!’”

“Freedom of matters… This is not Nazi Germany. My client came to Connecticut and was treated like a criminal for no reason,” Wintrich’s attorney Norman Pattis said in the article.

Lillian Whittaker is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at lillian.whittaker@uconn.edu.